In lesson we have been working down the modelling pipeline to make a scene in teams of 8 and my team chose dwarfen steampunk as our theme and I decided that I would make the typical hat and goggles that have become a staple in steampunk settings.
I started off by making these designs that would outline how I would make this model from different angles as well as making clear which part of the model would be in the low poly version and what would be added for the high poly version of it.
I am quite proud of how this is turning out as it is looking better than the artwork for it looked however I need to finish the strap on the goggles to make this model complete. I have also colour coded parts of this to make unwrapping and texturing this easier in the future as each colour represents a different material. Red is metal, green is plastic, blue is metal and pink is fabric however on the right goggle the green doesn’t seem to be appearing in renders which is unfortunate.
Overall I am quite proud of my progress on this however I need to keep on working on it to improve it further into a complete model.