I have recently been working towards animating my fish to match my story board (which you can see the development of here https://nextgenandrewchapman.wordpress.com/2017/01/15/ident-planning/). For this I used animation blocking. This is a progress that involves using basic animation to put together the basic concept for what the animation will be. I changed the settings in maya so that it wouldn’t fill in the animation so the fish goes point to point to show off what I want the animation to become.
This is the first block animation for my fish. It isn’t finished so my next goal is to finish this animation so that I can refine it.
Overall I think that I have made a good start on my project and look forward to improving it.